- Vision and Mission
- PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
- Department Advisory Committee
- Faculty Details
- Laboratory Facilities
B.E AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of automobile engineering was established in the academic year 2012-2013 with a sanctioned intake of 60. The department has highly-qualified and well-experienced faculty and staff members of proven ability and administrative skills. Keeping in view of the demand for automobile engineers the department has a vision to enrich the knowledge of students and updated technology of automobile engineering. The department has well equipped laboratories that cater to the needs of the students
Automobile Industry has been booming in recent times, due to the growing demand for vehicles and the job prospects for automobile engineers have also increased rapidly both in India and abroad. The work of automobile engineers involves planning, designing, developing, manufacturing and testing the performance and efficiency of automobiles and their parts including the Engine, Chassis and transmission systems. This field offers wide range of opportunities for the aspirants and it includes automobile manufacturing industries, production plants, service stations, state road transport corporations, private transport companies, insurance companies, motor vehicle departments etc. With the computer knowledge in CAD, Automobile engineers can find employment in computer aided industries as Designers or they can design models of vehicles by joining the Research and Development wing of companies.
Automobile is the study of Engineering that deals with designing new vehicle, Manufacturing new vehicle, Repairing, servicing the vehicles. The automobile can specialize in the alternative areas such as aerodynamic, fuels, chassis, electronics, emissions, ergonomic, manufacture, materials, creation of a fast prototype, security or the management etc. The responsibility of the Engineer of the automobile always consists of maintaining the greater level of the vehicle by the use of traditional methods and of the Technology outpost. Therefore the option by a race in the Engineering of the automobile will be interesting as well as compensating.
To be an academic centre for Quality Education, Innovation and Constructive Resources for the automotive industry and society
To offer state-of-the –art undergraduate programme in Automobile discipline to fulfill Industrial requirements globally by Imparting Innovative Knowledge, Ethical values and Collaborative projects
PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
- An Ability to use Automobile labs and workshop equipment competently and safely.
- An Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary for Automobile Engineering practice.
- Understand and practice professional, ethical, economic, environmental, and global responsibilities.
- Apply modern management techniques and financial aspects for automobile related projects.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO1: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
PSO2: An ability to apply their knowledge in the domain of automotive, Fluid, thermal engineering and advanced technologies in solving engineering problems for the benefits of society and automotive Industries
DEPARTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (DAC)
The Department of Automobile Engineering has constituted Department Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee consists of Secretary, Principal, Management Representatives, Member from Core Industry, Head of the Department, Senior Academician from other Institution and Senior Faculty of the Department, renowned Alumni, and Parents.
The present members of the committee are
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Thiru.R.DurgaShankar||Secretary, JCT Institutions, Coimbatore|
|3.||Mr.A.Chandrahasan||Administrative Officer,JCT Institutions, Coimbatore|
|4.||Mr.T.Prakash||Market -CEO,Mercedes Benze,Sundram Motors, Coimbatore.|
|5.||Dr.P.Viswanathan||Associate professor,Department of Mechanical Engineering, PSG College of Technology,Coimbatore|
|7.||Prof.P.Suresh Kumar||Assistant Professor -AUTO-JCTCET, Coimbatore|
|8.||Mr.S.Safeeq||Alumni Student, (2013-2016 Batch)|
|9.||Mr.K.Arumugam||Parent,(F/O) Mr.A.Marimuthu (2014-2018 Batch)|
- Our Department Jointly Organized One day International Conference “New Scientific Ideas and Innovations in Engineering and Technology”.
- Mr.Prabahar of our faculty has Organized Various Conference and Seminars related to Automobile field.
- A.Vinodh Kumar of our faculty has Involving Consultancy activities in the Field of Materials Science.
- Our Department Organized National Level Conference and faculty development programme frequently.
- Every year our department conducted Technical symposium (Pravega) for the benefit of the Students.
- J.Prabahar and Mr.P.Suresh Kumar as our faculty has published more than 5 research papers in reputed International Journals.
- J.Prabahar, Mr. A.Vinodkumar and Mr.P.Suresh Kumar as our faculty members are the question paper setters in various institutions like SNS Institutions ,Nandha Institutions ,Karpagam Institutions.
- K.Santhosh and Mr.P.Suresh Kumar of our faculty are the Coordinators for SAE Club in our department.
- Our department signed Various MOU with the reputed companies like Ambal autos, Sharp Engineering, Avinash Engineering, AS Engineering Works,
- Our students received Best Project Award during 2015-2016.
- In the year of the 2016-17 we started the Driving school with collaboration with Reputed driving Institution.
- K.Santhosh, Mr.V.Prakash and Mr.S.Vighneswaran our faculty members are involve the consultancy works related Engine performance and emission testing.
- S.Pradeep and Mr.P.Sureshkumar of our faculty received Internal Auditor certification of ISO 9001:2015 standard in the year 2018.
- Our Department involve the various Social Service Activities Like Tree Plantation And NSS Camp.
- Our Department Organised Hands On Training Programme For The Second, Third and Final Year Students.
- J.Prabahar of our faculty overall coordinators for college graduation day.
- J.Prabahar and Mr.P.Ravisankar Our faculty involve the applied funding projects like various government agency
- V.Prakash and Mr.S.Pradeep of our faculty coordinator for placement activates.
- C.Sujith student of Automobile Department got the “Gold medal” in the Anna University Examinations 2016-2017.
- Eight of our Faculty members registered NPTEL Online Course in the year 2018-2019.