- Vision and Mission
- PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
- Department Advisory Committee
- Faculty Details
- Laboratory Facilities
About the Department
About The Department
As the world is highly dependent upon petroleum as a source of energy, a career in the field is bound to be attractive and challenging considering the inclination towards petroleum engineering has started a bachelor degree course in petroleum engineering in 2013.
This field always suffers in short supply of professionals. Due to the ever increasing demand of safe sources of energy, it is worth to gain a degree in the field of petroleum engineering. Petroleum Engineering offers excellent career opportunities to the graduates. The scope for fresher’s in public firms is very high. The corporate sector also provides ample space for the fresh graduates to set in. The various fields offered in this sector include the exploration, extraction and production of petroleum. The petroleum engineers can be given responsibility as petroleum geologists, reservoir, production, drilling, and mud engineers among several other profiles. The petroleum engineers mainly have needs in refineries of petrochemical plants as well as downstream petroleum industries and R & D Organizations also. One can also join hands with the research field by implementing new ideas which in turn contributes to the growth of this industry.
Some of the familiar hiring companies of Petroleum Engineering are
Indian Oil Corporation, IBP Co. Limited, • Lubricants India, • Oil Gas India, • Petrosil Group, • Shiv-Vani Universal, • ONGC, • Bharat Petroleum. Schlumberger, British Gas, Halliburton Services, Essar Oil, GSPC, Shell, Gas Authority Of India Ltd, Cairn Energy, IOCL, Essar Oil Ltd, Niko Resources, Geoenpro, Mecom Ltd, Baker Hughes, Reliance Energy, Etc • Reliance Petroleum Limited. Geo Enpro Petroleum Ltd, Total Gas.
The petroleum engineering is regarded as a course which is in great demand among many students. Petroleum engineers are involved in working in areas of oil and natural gas production and extraction. The demand for this course is very high in India as well as abroad. It is the task of the Petroleum Engineers to discover natural sources of oil, extract them from the earth, refine them and make it usable. Petroleum engineering can be divided into two parts, upstream sector and downstream sector. The upstream sector activities include exploration, production and exploitation of oil and natural gases. The downstream sector consist activities such as the refining, marketing and distributing of petroleum products.
VISION AND MISSION
- To educate students for petroleum industries from the local and rural areas by illuminating them to perform engineering technologies by improving their standard of living along with satisfying the needs of industry and society as supervisors and managers through quality teaching, research and service with strong foundation of social and professional ethics.
- To be recognized as a center of educational excellence in petroleum engineering programs by the global petroleum industry and other educational institutions.
- To facilitate students to engage in projects developing petroleum engineering knowledge for making optimum use of natural resources and the growing demands for energy.
- To function as competent professional educational institution through continual process improvement.
PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To practice in the field of exploration in a responsible and highly commendable manner in the general platforms like onshore and offshore advanced surveying, modelling, drilling systems used in industrial and government an organization which is useful to the society.
- To possess the necessary communication and leadership skills to grow up effectively in a professional multi-disciplinary environment.
- To exhibit success in solving complex technical problems in a wide range of disciplines subject to quality engineering processes, team work activities, and professional ethics.
- To develop professionally through life-long learning, advanced education, and other creative pursuits in advanced technology, which can be exposed to the global level.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic concepts of exploration techniques and design the projects using professional ethics.
- To improvise and identify the industrial challenges and trouble shoot problems towards green environment.
DEPARTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (DAC)
The Department of Automobile Engineering has constituted Department Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee consists of Secretary, Principal, Management Representatives, Member from Core Industry, Head of the Department, Senior Academician from other Institution and Senior Faculty of the Department, renowned Alumni, and Parents.
The present members of the committee are
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Thiru.R.DurgaShankar||Secretary, JCT Institutions, Coimbatore|
|3.||Mr.A.Chandrahasan||Administrative Officer,JCT Institutions, Coimbatore|
|4.||Mr.T.Prakash||Market -CEO,Mercedes Benze,Sundram Motors, Coimbatore.|
|5.||Dr.P.Viswanathan||Associate professor,Department of Mechanical Engineering, PSG College of Technology,Coimbatore|
|7.||Prof.P.Suresh Kumar||Assistant Professor -AUTO-JCTCET, Coimbatore|
|8.||Mr.S.Safeeq||Alumni Student, (2013-2016 Batch)|
|9.||Mr.K.Arumugam||Parent,(F/O) Mr.A.Marimuthu (2014-2018 Batch)|
- Our Department Jointly Organized One day International Conference “New Scientific Ideas and Innovations in Engineering and Technology”.
- Mr.Prabahar of our faculty has Organized Various Conference and Seminars related to Automobile field.
- A.Vinodh Kumar of our faculty has Involving Consultancy activities in the Field of Materials Science.
- Our Department Organized National Level Conference and faculty development programme frequently.
- Every year our department conducted Technical symposium (Pravega) for the benefit of the Students.
- J.Prabahar and Mr.P.Suresh Kumar as our faculty has published more than 5 research papers in reputed International Journals.
- J.Prabahar, Mr. A.Vinodkumar and Mr.P.Suresh Kumar as our faculty members are the question paper setters in various institutions like SNS Institutions ,Nandha Institutions ,Karpagam Institutions.
- K.Santhosh and Mr.P.Suresh Kumar of our faculty are the Coordinators for SAE Club in our department.
- Our department signed Various MOU with the reputed companies like Ambal autos, Sharp Engineering, Avinash Engineering, AS Engineering Works,
- Our students received Best Project Award during 2015-2016.
- In the year of the 2016-17 we started the Driving school with collaboration with Reputed driving Institution.
- K.Santhosh, Mr.V.Prakash and Mr.S.Vighneswaran our faculty members are involve the consultancy works related Engine performance and emission testing.
- S.Pradeep and Mr.P.Sureshkumar of our faculty received Internal Auditor certification of ISO 9001:2015 standard in the year 2018.
- Our Department involve the various Social Service Activities Like Tree Plantation And NSS Camp.
- Our Department Organised Hands On Training Programme For The Second, Third and Final Year Students.
- J.Prabahar of our faculty overall coordinators for college graduation day.
- J.Prabahar and Mr.P.Ravisankar Our faculty involve the applied funding projects like various government agency
- V.Prakash and Mr.S.Pradeep of our faculty coordinator for placement activates.
- C.Sujith student of Automobile Department got the “Gold medal” in the Anna University Examinations 2016-2017.
- Eight of our Faculty members registered NPTEL Online Course in the year 2018-2019.