Computer Science & Engineering
- Vision and Mission
- PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
- Department Advisory Committee
- Faculty Details
- Laboratory Facilities
B.E COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was started in the year 2009 to render services to the student community to meet as the global industrial experts. The department is well equipped with state of the art laboratories with internet and Wi-Fi facility.
The objective of the department is to develop competent professionals with innovative research capabilities. The students must to do a project on or off-campus in the final year with an option to choose their platform and thus they are exposed to the real time computer problems which will mold them to conquer the challenging IT world.
Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT Companies in departments such as Design, Development, Assembly, Manufacture and Maintenance, etc. Working as Programmer, Web Developer, and eCommerce specialist with Telecommunication Companies, Automotive Companies, Aerospace Companies, etc., can be a lucrative career option as well.
Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer Manufacturing Companies, Computer Hardware Companies, Computer Networking Companies, Software Development Companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
True to its global reputation, the Indian IT sector has lots of scope in terms of growth in employment opportunities. According to Nasscom, the Indian IT exports are expected to expand to the tune of US$ 175 billion by 2020. A huge requirement of trained IT Engineers is expected in the forth coming years.
Some of the Multinational Firms and Government sectors who hire Computer Engineers in large are Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Intel, Apple, Sony, Accenture, IBM, Oracle, Honeywell, Facebook, HP, Amazon, Dell, Acer, DRDO, ISRO, ECIL and BEL etc.
To produce the leaders in the field of Computer Science and Engineering, evolving as a Centre of Excellence for Learning and Research.
Computer Science and Engineering Department is committed,
- To develop globally competent engineers capable of providing secure and Out-of-the Box computing and cutting-edge technology solutions.
- To provide state-of-art laboratories and quality learning environment.
- To educate students with ethical values and to serve society with innovative, intelligent products and services.
PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO1: Graduates shall exhibit their sound theoretical, practical skills and knowledge for successful employments or higher studies or research or entrepreneurial assignments.
PEO2: Graduates shall have lifelong learning skills, professional ethics and good communication capabilities along with leadership skills, so that they can succeed in their life.
PEO3: Graduates shall become leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs by devising software solutions for social issues and problems, thus caring for the society.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1: Have capabilities to successfully qualify in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
PSO2: Have abilities to apply their knowledge in the domain of Design and Analysis of Algorithms ,Computer Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Information Security, Data Science, Data Structure, Grid and Cloud Computing, Software Engineering, Machine Learning , Operating Systems.
DEPARTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (DAC)
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has constituted Department Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee consists of Secretary, Principal, Management Representative, Member from Core Industry, Head of the Department, Senior Academician from other Institution and Senior Faculty of the Department, Student, Renowned Alumni, and Parent.
The present members of the committee are
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Thiru.R.DurgaShankar||Secretary, JCT Group of Institutions, Coimbatore.|
|2.||Dr.G.Ramesh||Principal,JCT College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore|
|3.||Mr.A.Chandrahasan||Administrative Officer,JCT Group of Institutions,Coimbatore|
|4.||Dr.S.Balamurugan||Director-Research and Development,Mindnotix Technologies,Coimbatore|
|5.||Dr.M.Rajalakshmi||Associate Professor,Department of CSE & IT,Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore|
|6.||Dr.G.RajivSureshKumar||Head of the Department,JCT College of Engineering and Technology,Coimbatore|
|7.||Prof K.Malarvizhi||Associate Professor|
|8.||Mrs.S.Fashila Parveen||Programmer Analyst, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Coimbatore,Alumni Student (Batch:2010-2014).|
|9.||Mr.K.Krishnasamy||Parent (F/O K.Arul Jothy,Batch:2014-2018)|
- Our Department organized DRDO Sponsored First National Conference in RACS 2012.
- Our Department organized Second National Conference Programme in RACS during the academic year 2013.
- Our Department organized the Third National Conference in RTICET during 2016.
- Mr.G Deeban Chakkarawarthi one of our Faculty member got NPTEL Online Course certification in the year of 2017.
- Our Department took membership of Computer Society of India for Student Branch during March 2017
- Our Department organized Faculty Development Programme on Security Lab in the year of 2016.
- Our Department organized Faculty Development Programme on Emotional Intelligence in association with ICT ACT.
- Our Department organized National Level Workshop on IOT in the year of 2017.
- Our Department organized Faculty Development Programme on Research Paper Writing during 2017.
- Our Department organised Anna University Sponsored Seven Days Faculty Development Programme on Design Analysis of Algorithm
- Our Department organized the Fourth National Conference RACS’2018
- Our Department Conducted Seminar on the topic Augmented Reality and Cyber Security.
- Our Department is in association with ICTACT organized Faculty Development Programme on Introduction to R Programming.
- Our Department includes National Cyber Safety and Security Standards Resource Center.
Value Added Courses
- CCNA Networking Course
- Programming Skill Development
- Software Testing
- PHP My SQL
Academic Year 2018-2019
|S.No.||Date||Type of the Programme||Title||Name of the Resource Person||Photo|
|1.||20.07.18||Association Inauguration and Seminar||The Industry Expectations from fresh engineers||Mr.Murali Krishna U N,