Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Vision and Mission
- PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
- Department Advisory Committee
- Faculty Details
- Laboratory Facilities
B.E – ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
M.E – POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES
About the Department
The department of EEE was established in 2010. It offers Undergraduate programme in EEE with intake of 60 students. It also runs prominent postgraduate programme ME (Power Electronics and Drives), which started from year 2012 with an intake of 18 students.
The faculty of this department elude excellent commitment, and they possess high qualification credentials to provide technical education of utmost standards. The students are offered with innovative workshops, guest lectures, informative industrial visits, etc. on a regular basis, to keep them updated with the latest trends in the electrical and electronics engineering.
IES abbreviates into Indian Engineering Service. The requirement wing of the UPSC board conducts this examination, aimed for sourcing man power for various government organizations. The screening process is strict, but the doors are wide open for millions of government jobs.
Organizations for Research
The popular research organizations, like DRDO, ISRO, etc. have a huge requirement for electrical engineers. They notify for the same and scrutinize by their own means.
Power sector needs the electrical engineers to run almost all of the processes. There are many power boards and companies, related to both the public and private sectors, which need the EEE graduates for holding various responsibilities in their firms.
Electronic industries have a special preference towards the EEE students, due to the fact that the core electronic subjects are covered comprehensively in the EEE course.
Ocean of Private Firms
There is literally an ocean of private firms, which seek for electrical engineers for carrying out different roles.
There are many Job sectors available for the Electrical Engineering and also there are Higher studies also available for the EEE branch.
Some of the Organizations which are available for the EEE Graduates for work are…
ONGC, Steel Authority of India, Hydro electric Power Plants, Thermal Power Plants, Atomic Power Plants, HCL, HPCL, DRDO, ISRO, Railways, BSNL, Siemens, BEL, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL,etc…
Emerging as a Center of Excellence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering education for studies and research.
- To create state-of art facilities for teaching, learning, laboratory practices and research.
- To develop competent engineers through value addition programs, products incubation, interactive seminars, communication programs, group discussions, trainings, etc.
- To initiate collaborative relationships with Industries and Institutions for real-life experiences.
PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
PEO1: Graduates shall have successful career in industry or have motivation for higher education or research.
PEO2: Graduates shall apply their knowledge of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and work as part of a team on multidisciplinary projects.
PEO3: Graduates shall have lifelong learning skills, professional ethics and good communication capabilities along with entrepreneur skills and leadership, so that they can succeed in their life.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1: Have abilities to apply their knowledge in the domain of Electronics, Electrical Drives, Power Generation and Transmission, Power Electronics and Control system for the benefits of the society and the Nation.
PSO2: Have abilities to successfully qualify in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
1.Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2.Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3.Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4.Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5.Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6.The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7.Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8.Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9.Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11.Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12.Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
DEPARTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (DAC)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has constituted Department Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee consists of Secretary, Principal, Management Representatives, Member from Core Industry, Head of the Department, Senior Academician from other Institution and Senior Faculty of the Department, renowned Alumni, and Parents.
The present members of the committee are
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Thiru.R.DurgaShankar||Secretary, JCT Group of Institutions, Coimbatore.|
|2.||Dr.G.Ramesh||Principal,JCT College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore|
|3.||Mr.A.Chandrahasan||Administrative Officer,JCT Group of Institutions,Coimbatore|
|4.||Dr.V.J.Arulkarthick||Head of the Department, JCT College of Engineering and Technology,Coimbatore|
|5.||Dr.V.R.Vijay Kumar||Associate Professor& Head Department of ECE, Anna University Regional Campus, Coimbatore.|
|6.||Mr.Charles Arokiaraj||Project Manager, Robert Bosch India Ltd, Coimbatore.|
|7.||Mr.A.Kalimuthu||Associate Professor, Department of ECE, JCT College of Engineering and Technology,Coimbatore|
|8.||Mr.Mohammed Parvez||Alumini Student, (Batch 2009-2013)|
|9.||Ms.A.Chellammal||Parent (M/O A.Anandhi,Batch:2014-2018)|
- K.Geetha, Dr.M.Jayaprakash and C.Sakthivel are Reviewer for various reputed International Journals and conferences.
- K.Geetha, and Dr.M.Jayaprakash are Doctoral Committee Members.
- K.Geetha, and Dr.M.Jayaprakash are Research Supervisor for guiding Ph.D Candidates.
- K.Geetha,and Dr.M.Jayaprakash are Technical / Advisory / Organized Committee Members for International / National Conferences.
- Our Department Organized One day National Level Conference “Recent trends in Information, Communication and Electrical Technologies on 02.04.2016.
- Our Department Organized ISRO Sponsored Programme on “Basics of Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System and Global Navigation Satellite System” in the year Nov’ 2016.
- Rakesh won the First Prize in Laser Track Contest in SNSCET during 2015-2016.
- Gayathiri won the Third Prize in circuit debugging Contest in NIET during 2015-2016.
- Arunbaby and M.Anugrahare won the second Prize in Brain and Strain Contest in SNSCET during 2015-2016.
- Saravanakumar won the First Prize in circuit debugging Contest in DAIT during 2016-2017.
- V.Jethose,Prof/EEE, has Published “Utilization of Auxiliary Winding Power to Improve the Performance of a Single Phase Induction Motor—A Unique Approach”, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nano science Vol. 14, 3893–3897, 2017.
- MoU was signed between JCT College of Engineering and Technology and IPCS Automation on March 07, 2018.
- S.Manikandan,AP/EEE and Mrs. J.Madheswari, AP/EEE got NPTEL Online Course certification in the year 2017-2018.
- Krishnakumar, Anilkumar and R.Hema students got NPTEL Online Course certification in the year 2017-2018.
- C.Sakthivel,AP/EEE, received the Professional Award in person at Coimbatore, TN and the Award Title “Innovative Research & Teaching Professional Award” (Electrical & Electronics Engineering.) 25th March 2018.
- C.Sakthivel,AP/EEE,has Published “Analyses of Non Isolated Multi port single ended primary inductance converter for stand-alone applications”, International journal of Energies in the year of March’ 2018.
- M.Jayaprakash received Internal Auditor certification of ISO 9001:2015 standard in the year 2018.
- Sixteen of our Faculty members registered NPTEL Online Course in the year 2018-2019.
- In our department Seven Faculties are pursuing Ph.D.
- Our Department Organized One day National Level Conference “Emerging trends in Electrical, Electronics and ComputerScience Engineering” on 03.04.2018.
- K.Geetha, Prof and Head,has Published “Design of D shaped Plasmon –Photonic crystal fiber for Bio Sensing Application” Elsevier, 11 August 2018.
Value Added Courses
- Auto CAD Electrical
- Embedded System
- Computer Hardware and Networking (CCNA)
- LOW POWER VLSI with LIFTING ALGORITHM