Academic Research - ECE
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty||Client Details||Nature of works|
|1.||Mr.K.Ajish||PANTECH Solutions,Coimbatore||Optical Communication in Industrial Needs|
|2.||Mr.P.Jayavelu||JRM Technologies,Coimbatore||Implementation of PIC based LED displays|
|3.||Mr.J. Arulaugustine||CALIBER EMBEDDED TECH PVT LTD||Image Processing for finding unwanted metal in Foundry Bay|
List of MoU
IoT based Weather Monitoring System using Raspberry pi 3
Internet of Things (IoT) has provided a promising opportunity to build powerful industrial systems and applications by leveraging the growing ubiquity of RFID, wireless, mobile and sensor devices. A wide range of industrial IoT applications have been developed and deployed in recent years. In an effort to understand the development of IoT in industries, this project reviews the current research of IoT, key enabling technologies, major IoT applications in industries and identifies research trends and challenges. A main contribution of this review project is that it summarizes the current state-of-the-art of IoT in industries systematically. The advancement of Automation technology, life is getting simpler and easier in all aspects. In today’s world Automatic systems are being preferred over manual system. With the rapid increase in the number of users of internet over the past decade has made Internet a part and parcel of life, and IoT is the latest and emerging internet technology.Internet of things is a growing network of everyday object-from industrial machine to consumer goods that can share information and complete tasks while you are busy with other activities. This project proposes that the industrial monitoring by using DHT 11 Sensor to to read Temperature and Humanity values and monitoring usingThingspeak system via Raspberry pi.
ThingSpeak is an application platform for the Internet of Things. ThingSpeak allows you to build an application around data collected by sensors. At the heart of ThingSpeak is a ThingSpeak Channel. A channel is where you send your data to be stored. Each channel includes 8 fields for any type of data, 3 location fields, and 1 status field.
Once you have a ThingSpeak Channel you can publish data to the channel, have ThingSpeak process the data, and then have your application retrieve the data.
- Manually Monitoring the Industrial application
- By using the GSM technology, it will take more time to get the exact situation
- CCTV camera monitoring is possible but can’t able to sense the gas, temperature, and position of the valves.
- The Internet of Things is regarded as the third wave of information technology after Internet and mobile communication network, which is characterized by more thorough sense and measure, more comprehensive interoperability and intelligence.
- IOT Consumes the time and monitoring the exact situation.
- Raspberry pi
- DH11 sensor
- OS:Raspbian OS
- Python Language
- Decreased field damaging conditions
- Improved safety and security
- High quality receiving data
- Less power consumption
- High speed data rate
- Industry Monitoring
- Home Automation
- Medical Industry
- Add Gas sensor and fire sensor
- Developing Android Application
Mini Project Expo 2018 organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
One day mini project EXPO was conducted by ECE Department on 25th September 2018. It was inaugurated by principal Dr.G.Ramesh in the forenoon of 25th September 2018 by 10:00 a.m. at DSP LAB.
HoD of ECE Dr.V.J.Arulkarthick welcomes the gathering followed by the presidential address of principal Dr.G.Ramesh. The function was followed by project display by third and final year ECE students.Arduino Microcontroller were used for mini projects development. The project includes application in agriculture, medical, security, power saving etc.. All other department students visited the project Expo.
The function was conclude with the valedictory function. Principal distributed certificates for all the participants.
List of Projects
- Design of Automatic fire alarm system
- Design of Bluetooth Controlled Servo Motor
- Implementation of Automatic AC Temperature Controller
- Design of Motion Detector For Home Security
- Automatic Smoke Alarm System
- Automatic Plant Irrigation System
- Design of Home Automation System
- Design of Smart Phone Controlled Home Automation
- Design of Automation System For Street Light
- Design of Automatic Room Temperature Controller
- Implementation of Automatic Door Open System
- Design of Automatic Water Level Controller
- Implementation of Automatic Street Light Controller
- Intelligent Car Parking System
- IOT Based Smart Weather Monitoring Using Raspberry Pi