- Faculty Details
- Vision and Mission
- PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
- Department Advisory Committee
- Laboratory Facilities
Undergraduate Programme: B.E CIVIL ENGINEERING
Postgraduate Programme: M.E STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
About The Department
The Department of Civil Engineering is started in the year 2009-2010. It has been started with the objective to create outstanding engineers, with advanced teaching and learning aids for the students. The department has well qualified faculty members and excellent laboratory facilities. The undergraduate program imparts students to master over the field of Civil Engineering besides knowledge of recent trends and development to shine as a successful civil engineer. Students gain practical experience from field visits to the construction sites, dams and irrigation structures, etc. The department ranges a postgraduate program in order to provide wide knowledge on the core of Structural Engineering. Students gain training in their field of study through internships.
There is huge demand for civil engineers in India and it is also expected to get a boost as the country gets ready to upgrade its infrastructure with growing economic and political clout in the world. Civil engineers are employed in the public and private sectors in large numbers in all branches of design, construction, and maintenance of roads, highways, bridges, dams, canals, docks, airports, and housing complexes and in environment management etc. Civil engineers also make a career in quality testing laboratories, join military and defense services, or work as consultants. The career opens a lot of opportunities in numerous government departments. Civil engineers are employed in all major construction projects carried out by central and state government agencies.
There are equally good opportunities in the private sector for civil engineers. A major opening for qualified civil engineers is also in armed forces where they can make vital contribution to the protection of the country. Last but not the least you can set up your own engineering consultancy.
The civil engineers are involved working in the areas of design, construction, maintenance of roads, highways, bridges, dams, canals, docks, airports, housing complexes and in environment management etc.some of the familiar hiring companies of civil engineering are l&t constructions, dlf building india, oberoi realty, unitech groups, hcc infrastructure, urc constructions, sobha developers, afcons india pvt. Limited, india cements, ncc ltd, ivrcl pvt.ltd, tce consulting engineers, sakthi constructions, indian railways, prestige groups, godrej properties, ashoka builders, ultratech cements, coromandal constructions, marg properties.
To become leaders in Civil Engineering Education, to meet the most onerous challenges in construction, sanitation and environment at the global level.
- To produce outstanding Civil Engineering graduates with highest ethical values.
- To provide state-of-the-art learning and laboratory environments.
- To interact with Industries and address issues related to infrastructure and environment for sustainable living.
PEOs, POs, PSOs and Course Outcomes
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- Graduates will excel as successful civil engineers, academicians and researchers.
- Graduates will exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication and managerial skills, team work and social responsibility.
- Graduates shall adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
PSO2: Contribute to Nation’s Infrastructure through technologies for low-cost housing, skyscraper, sanitation, pollution free environment, water harvesting, transportation etc.
DEPARTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (DAC)
The Department of Automobile Engineering has constituted Department Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee consists of Secretary, Principal, Management Representatives, Member from Core Industry, Head of the Department, Senior Academician from other Institution and Senior Faculty of the Department, renowned Alumni, and Parents.
The present members of the committee are
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Thiru.R.DurgaShankar||Secretary, JCT Institutions, Coimbatore|
|3.||Mr.A.Chandrahasan||Administrative Officer,JCT Institutions, Coimbatore|
|4.||Mr.T.Prakash||Market -CEO,Mercedes Benze,Sundram Motors, Coimbatore.|
|5.||Dr.P.Viswanathan||Associate professor,Department of Mechanical Engineering, PSG College of Technology,Coimbatore|
|7.||Prof.P.Suresh Kumar||Assistant Professor -AUTO-JCTCET, Coimbatore|
|8.||Mr.S.Safeeq||Alumni Student, (2013-2016 Batch)|
|9.||Mr.K.Arumugam||Parent,(F/O) Mr.A.Marimuthu (2014-2018 Batch)|
- Hydraulics Engineering Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Strength of materials Laboratory
- Surveying Laboratory
- Computer aided design and drafting Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics
- Concrete and Highway Laboratory
- Advance Structural Engineering Laboratory
- STADD PRO
- 50 % Of Faculties Are Above 13 Years Of Teaching Experience
- Department achieved TEACHING AWARD IN ENGINEERING by Staffordshire University,U.K
- Produced 10 Anna University Rank Holder’s during the Academic Year 2014-15,2016-17,And 2017-18.
- Our students awarded with BEST OUTGOING STUDENT award 3 times .
- More than 85% Of Our Students Were Graduate every year With Good Scores.
- Consultancy projects with government and private sector were undertaken.
- Extra curricular activities : Department achieved overall championship for the past 3 years in college sports meet.
- MOU with 9 reputed industries and IJSER journal.
- Life membership with Professional bodies like ICI & MTRES.
- 97 Publications In International Journals.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
- STADD PRO
- 3D Structure and planning
- Revit Architecture